Join the U.S. Department of Labor and the staff of the Miami Regional Office of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for a workshop that will help you unravel the mystery and reach your financial and retirement goals while also learning about investment scams, red flags, and how to avoid investment fraud. The workshop, designed for people who are about 10 years from retirement, offers a simplified, bottom-line approach to figuring out how much you need to save, different investment options, and how to make your money last over a possibly long retirement.
You'll learn how to track down and understand:
• Your savings, 401(k) plans, home equity, and other assets
• Your Social Security benefit - and how to decide when to start drawing benefits
• Your spending and expenses now and in retirement
• Filling the gap in your retirement savings
• Savings and investing options
• Red flags to watch out for when investing
• Tips to Avoid Investment Fraud.