Pre-registration required. Ages 60+ Please note that each class builds on one another and it is best to register for all 6 sessions.
The Living Healthy Program consists of six 2-hour sessions that will teach individuals tools to self-manage chronic conditions.
The Living Healthy Program is an interactive program for people with ongoing health conditions, such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, and anxiety. Classes, taught by specially trained leaders, allow participants and their caregivers the opportunity to meet and speak with others also living with chronic conditions.
This Chronic Disease Self-Management Program was developed by Stanford University.
Subjects covered include:
1. Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation
2. Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
3. Appropriate use of medications
4. Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
6. How to evaluate new treatments.
AGE GROUP: | Adults |
EVENT TYPE: | Health & Wellness |
|Mon, May 22||12:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Tue, May 23||12:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Wed, May 24||10:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Thu, May 25||10:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Fri, May 26||10:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Sat, May 27||10:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Sun, May 28||Closed|