Pre-registration required. Ages 60+ Please note that each class builds on one another and it is best to register for all 6 sessions.
The Living Healthy Program consists of six 2-hour sessions that will teach individuals tools to self-manage chronic conditions.
The Living Healthy Program is an interactive program for people with ongoing health conditions, such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, and anxiety. Classes, taught by specially trained leaders, allow participants and their caregivers the opportunity to meet and speak with others also living with chronic conditions.
This Chronic Disease Self-Management Program was developed by Stanford University.
Subjects covered include:
1. Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation
2. Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
3. Appropriate use of medications
4. Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
6. How to evaluate new treatments.
AGE GROUP: | Adults |
EVENT TYPE: | Health & Wellness |
|Mon, Jun 05||12:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Tue, Jun 06||12:00PM to 8:00PM|
|Wed, Jun 07||10:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Thu, Jun 08||10:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Fri, Jun 09||10:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Sat, Jun 10||10:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Sun, Jun 11||Closed|